Saturday, September 08, 2007

Troy Sanders laid to rest

A Watson family buried their soldier Friday.

The Defense Department says 22-year-old Private Justin Troy Sanders died last Wednesday in Taji in a non-combat-related incident.

He was assigned to Fort Hood.

Troy, as his family called him, had only five months left in Iraq.

From WAFB 9

-- Troy i am sorry i couldn't be there for you when you needed me.you gave the ultimate sacrifice for my freedom.i will miss you always.i will never forget are friendship.

-- I miss you Troy, but I know you are in a much better and happier place where there is no pain. Laura, my prayers are with you and your family.

-- To my friend Troy, you will truly be missed. You and your family are in my prayers.

-- When I met Justin, he was like a lost soul,I guess that's what drew me to him. He reminded me of my son Jakob. Over the next few months,we got very close & had alot of heart to heart talks. He was a very kind & loving young man. I will miss my (skinny) hugs that he gave me... I am honored to have known him. RIP Justin

From the Legacy Guest Book

Related Link:
Troy (Justin T.) Sanders dies 'in a non-combat related incident'