Saturday, January 27, 2007

Jacob Neal remembered

Saturday evening friends and family of Marine Corporal Jacob Neal gathered in Kennard, coping with their lost. Neal died last week in combat while serving in Iraq. "It's been hard, it's been sad. We are going to miss our son. You know we haven't seen him in a while," says Perry Neal. "It is pretty hard. We were real close all my life, I just miss him," says Jason Neal.

Family members say Neal talked about joining the military after graduating from Crockette High, but 9-11 made neal sure he wanted to serve his country. "When 9-11 happened he told me he really wanted to go over there. I went with him when he signed up, he wanted to go to Iraq," says Jacob's brother, Jason Neal.

Though sadden by his death the family can smile through their pain, knowing Marine Corporal Jacob Neal died a hero.

Funeral service will be Monday at 2pm at the Crockette Civic Center.

From KTRE 9

Related Link:
Jacob H. Neal dies of injuries from I.E.D.