Saturday, November 18, 2006

Jason Whitehouse laid to rest

Jason and I shared only a small part of our lives together. I was probably a short blur to him in the four months of training he attended at the intelligence training center. He was one of 350 or so Marines I trained there. I only remember three types of students of all those I trained-- The Good, The Bad, and The Funny. I remember SSgt Whitehouse. He was one of the latter-- the class clown with one hell of a sense of humor. I attended the memorial and funeral, along with over 20 other Marines (retired, former, and active duty Marines). Most of us had served doing the same job Jason was doing when he was killed, most of us knew him, all of us mourn his loss. Our prayers go out to his wife children.

-- Doug B (Sierra Vista, AZ )

From the Remembrance Guest Book at Legacy.com

Related Link:
Jason D. Whitehouse killed in combat