Monday, September 25, 2006

Marcus Cain killed in Iraq

A mother remembers her last conversation with her son.

"He was happy-you know he was really happy. He had big plans."

Family members gather and remember twenty-year-old Marcus Cain. A graduate from Jennings high school and the youngest of four, he enlisted in the army right out of school.

"A kind fun-loving fella he didn't have any kids. He lived a young youthful life that was him. He was just a youthful person. Everybody loved him."

He was supposed to be leaving Iraq in November and had just re-enlisted.

One of the last things they spoke about were just how much he had learned while away.

"He said I thought about things mama-everything you tried to teach me was right. He said you used to tell me this and tell me that and I'd say because the way the world is how you didn't know what you were talking about. But I found out experience is the best teacher."

From KATC 3